Well, believe it or not we are starting our fourth week! It's going so fast.
My question to you is, how is it going?
More specifically, I would like you to answer the following questions:
1. Is it getting easier for you to speak English all the time? What exactly is getting easier?
2. How do you like writing in your journal? Why do you think this is a required activity for every Explore student? Is it working for you?
3. What have you found most useful, of what we have studied in class? What has been most fun?
I appreciate hearing what you have to say. And please be honest: I don't expect everyone to like everything we do. It's useful for me to know what you really think, so that I can know what to change.
Thanks,
Pablo
(By the way, do you remember how to leave a comment?
1. click on "Comments"
2. set your comment to "Anonymous"
3. write your comment
4. WRITE YOUR NAME AFTER!
5. Click on "publish comment.")
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
18 comments:
After 4 weeks of english speaking ONLY... I can tell that it is easier for me to speak english. I'm less shy than before and I speak faster too. Sometimes, people talk to me in french and without meaning to, I answer in english. I think the journal helps, but the activities in class helped the most. The debate, for example, was a really nice activity and I think we learn a lot from it about the first nations. I love the activities we're doing in class espacially the "projects" that we have every week and I think I'm improving a lot.
GAb
Hi every body,
1. It's not always easy to speak in english all the time. it's easier when everybody speak in english. sometimes, a lot of people speak in french and it's hard to speak in english at this time. But now my english is better and now I have more facilities to speak. I think that the best thing to do is ask question when I don't understand a word. It really help me.
2.At the beginning, when I wrote in my journal it was difficult and I had to take my dictionary every times. but now I take my dictionary less often.
3. The thing that I prefer was the debate, it was really funny. I also like the team work, did map or poster for contreversial issues. But I don't really like the movie about Kwakwakak because they spoke quickly and I can't understand all what they said.
Annie
Hey! its' true it's going soooo fast, but it's well! I think write a journal it's a good idea because it's help us to think in english and help me to find the good verb times! sometimes it's not easy! I hope I will see a diffence when I come back to quebec....
Marie-Noelle
1. Yes, but slowly. I have difficulty to express myself correctly. I have difficulty especially with my verd tense.
It's going easier to understand. When someone speak to me in english, I don't translate anymore in frech in my head, I just Understand in english.
2. I like it. It's a good way to espress ourself I say what we really think about the program. It's kind of confidential, so we can say wath we want. It's a good way to practice my english writing to. I think it's required because if somethings is wrong with a student, and he don't want to talk about it to annyone, he can write it in his journal. I think I don't use it enough. All that I have ever write in it is about my weekend. I should write something more interesting.
3. I think the most useful is the vocabulary words. The best way for me to improve my english, is to speak english with a real english person who can correct what I say, not just try to understand what i'm trying to say. I love to do some research online, for my english and for my own knowledge. The subject that we study are very interesting (like the potlach).
Laurence L.F.
It is getting better and better every day a think... I have to work much more than that to improve my english to a level higher but the activities that we are doing in class are very helpfull cause we learn a lot of vocabulary! I love my trip so far, we are doing so many different activities that we don't see weeks passing by! If a could, I'll come back to Vancouver once cause I love this place and things that even after 10 years you also can discover!
hi,
1-Overall, i like this experience. Now i am not scared of speaking english. But, some people are tired to speak english. That is make me sometimes when i am with them to speak french. I don't have choice!!
2-About the journal. It allows me to think, to find some news words.
3-I used to not have class. But with Pablo, i have fun. I don't see the time passed. I like the way he teaches. I learn about vocabulary, grammar and pronunciation. Thanks Pablo.
Joseph
i'm not seeing that i'm improving my english, cuz sometimes i still look for the right words to say. But i know that it's hard to be fluent within 5 weeks, so i keep on workin and i hope it's gonna be better as the time goes on. i really liked the debat we had last week about the first nations.
but i feel bored in the class and i need something to help me attend a job interview in english.
that's really important for me.
Ahmed
I think that know I'm less shy to speak english with the other people. I hope that is also gonna be like that in Montreal.
So now it's more easier to speak english, it's a little bit more natural.
I really like when we did the debate, it was so funny.
And for the journal, yes I really love to write in it. Because a can express myself and it help me to think in english.
I was just hopping that I see that I'm improving my english but I dont.
But in general, I like what we do in the class.
Sophie
i think my english is improve because now i can speak not verry well but a people cand understend me, and when he spok weath i can understend easly than my first week heer.
i like write in my jounal cause i think this activity improve my englishe becaause if i wanne say anything and i haven't the word i go to search it in dictonary, this activity give me a time to remember what i did on the day.
i like all activitys in our class beacaus we study and we speak but is like a game so is verry fun.
Nassime Achouch
thank you explorer
thank you langara
thank you pablo
For me, I think i'm less shy than at the begening of this programme but i don't know if i'm better in english ... Maybe yes, maybe no..I will see by myself. It's more easy to talk in english with a real english person. For my journal .. I tried to write a lot inside but I don't have a lot of time to do this. I'm always gone... In class, we do many activities. I learn many things and The debat was very fun !!
Dom
I think it was very difficult for me to speak in English all the time at the beginning of the program especially during the first weekend because I was very shy. But now I like to speak in English and it's more easy for me... especially with my home stay family and when I drink a lot of alcohol:)… I like writing in my journal because we are free to talk about our own subjects… I think it’s very good for us to have to write in English… My favorite activity in class since the beginning it was the debate…but it was too short!!! I think that we are a very good group…everybody is so nice!!!!!
klode
1- Well, thats not so hard to speak english because I live in Montreal and they have lots people who speak english in downtown. But it's better to learn here because they have not french here, and I'm obligated to speak only english during my trip.
2-I don't really like to write, but it's true that can help my english. And that's why I did. But I think he not corrects my journal so I don't think so if it's working on me.
3-The most useful was to speak a lots in class. Because I think it's the most important for a student to practice. And this exercice are fun because we know several persons like that.
Steve
It's going to fast... We have two weeks left. Every one are tired but we all have fun. I still have difficult to speak english (and write!!!!), I still trying to find my words and when I learn new words I try to not forget them... Even if I think I'm not learning fast in english, I know that I'm a little (I said little) more secure now. I like to pratice my speaking with some english person. So I try to speak a lot with my host family. That help me a lot to learn and pratice.
I really like all my time here. I have so much fun and every body are nice.
My big problem I think it's to write in english. So many words that I know I to say but don't know I to write it. So when I write in the journal, that make me think and search in the dictionnary. But, it's very difficult to write the good sentence. Next step, after my speaking will be good, it's will learn how to write...
Marie-Elaine
Why is the journal required?
I'm just a teacher, I did not make that decision. But in my opinion, there are two reasons:
1. to give students an opportunity to say things that they may not want to say in front of the class, and
2. to help you to think in English
I think reason #2 is the most important, and I'm going to talk about that.
Writing in my journal (notebook) is one of my favourite things to do because it helps me to understand what is going on in my life: to have clear ideas and a clear mind. Writing helps me think. Also, it is a time for "talking to myself," and I think that's healthy because if you never pay attention to what you are thinking and feeling, you might make mistakes.
I think that the journals are required for you because they are a way to talk to yourself IN ENGLISH. Your personality is defined in part by your language, and it's very difficult to find the words to say what you want to say in English... The advantage of writing is that you have more time to think, and you can look up words you don't know. Then, when you're talking, you can say things more easily.
Finally, your journals will be interesting to read in 10 or 20 or 30 years. Keep them.
And keep up the good work.
Pablo
Hi every body
After 4 week of english, I feel better in english because we try to speak all the time in english and I never do this in the past. Sometime my dreams are in english and I think in english. It's crasy. I think this programme it's very good for learn english because we do a lot of nice activity in english and we meet a lot of pepole who speak just in english.
Guillaume
1.These last 4 weeks, they passed so quickly. I try to speak in English everywhere or during activities outside of school. But it's not easy to learn your english when you are with Quebecers who don't speak very well in english. During these weeks, I met some anglophones and more easy to have a discussion with them, because you do more effort for they are able to unterstand you.
2.The journal is good to pratice your writing. But it's hard to take time for write in well, because you have all the time a lot of activities. But I think, it will became a good souvenirs of explore program.
3.In our class, I prefer to do interative activities, like the debat. But it's important too learn vocabulary words and to do the tests it's the better way to learn that.
Jess:)
Hi, I wish for to subscribe for this website to take most up-to-date updates, thus where can i do it please help out.
Saved as a favorite, I love your blog!
Post a Comment