For our second post, I want to talk about what is difficult for you when you speak English, and also what helps you learn English.
This will help us decide what to study in our class.
So, tell us: what is the hardest thing for you? Pronounciation? Understanding? Speaking quickly?
And what are the best things that help you learn Enlgish?
Here's one for me: I put my clock-radio on in the language I want to learn. When it's time to wake up, my alarm is the radio. But I don't get up right away: I lie in bed for a while and press "snooze," over and over again. So for about an hour, I'm half-asleep, but I'm learning a new language subconsciously. I swear, it works!
What works for you? Share...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
20 comments:
asdfasdfa
3 things that I notice in vancouver:
1st : It's really easy to use the bus.
2nd : There is a lot of Asian.
3rd : There is a lot of beautifull mountain.
Laurence L.-F.
For me, pronounciation and speaking fast are the most difficult things in english. Some "techniques" I use to get better are just watching movies, talk shows and listening to the radio (in english). Sometimes, my friends and I speak english just for fun... maybe it helps...maybe not...
Gabrielle
For me, the hardest thing in English is to found the right word. I don't know a lot of vocabulary in English so, when a want to express myself, I have difficulty to be understood!
One thing that help me a lot is to watch English TV program. It's not like in a class, you are interessed by the context and the story so unconsciously a learn new words!!! Josee-Anne
The hardest thing for me here is to speak all the time in english, even when im not at school...its hard besause I know that everybody speaks in french and several times I search my words and in me head I just know how to say clearly what I want to say in french! But I try to work this aspect and I mad efforts to speaks to most as possible in english, with the other students.
The same thing happens with my family, but with them I know that they will not understand if I speak french so its a different challenge. Sometime its frustrating because I understand everything they say to me but Im not able to say want I want to say!
What is hard for me? During my first week the most hard, it's to try to speak in english, of course, but it's hard for the head because you must translated all the words that you want to use. You think in English all the time, and your head want to explose! You don't take a break because you go in your host family and you try to talk with them, again in english. But I think it's the best way to learn your english. Jessica M
Hi everybody
I would like to speak what is hard for me. First, I have some difficulty to speak all the things that I would like to tell. Second, I'm a little bit shy in me host family because I'm not realy habit but it will change. My host family is very great.
Guillaume Mercier
First of all, what is difficult for me when I have to speak english. I think that I have a lot of difficulty to apply the rules in grammar that I learned.
I dont think that a have a lot of solution, ONLY PRACTICE.
I also have difficulty with the prononciation of some kind of words (like the words that begin with "th").
For me, It's also hard to try to dont translate english to french in my head.
Watching tv in english can also help me...I think
Sophie O.
For me it is difficult to speak quickly, i think i am quite good at writing, and understanding too.
i do not know what is the best way to help me improve my speaking, but i think i'm doing my best and i'm trying to speak english as much as i can. beacause in montreal i don't have chance to speak every time in english.
i also would like to have a chance to learn how to speak and to show my skills to an employer during a job interview. This is very important to me because people in Quebec are looking for more bilingual people.
AHMED
sdfgs
For me, the most difficult thing is the prononciation. Also, I hate when I looks for a word and don`t find it. To help me, I search in dictionnary. Sometimes, I watch a movie in english with subtitles in english. I think that it`s easier to learn when I read and I hear together.
Annie
It's difficult to speak all the time in english because everybody in the program are quebekers... and we know that. When we don't have able to understand the others people it's more easy to say the word in french. But they are a lot of people who speak all the time in english and it's good for the others people. Also, it's difficult because there are many people who speak faster in english. The woman in my homestay family speaks really fast and it's difficult to understand her.
Klode
3 things are maybe hard
1- Difficulty to give a sentence on the right tense when I speak.
2- Difficulty with the pronounciation.
3- Difficulty to use correctly the propositions, like: in, at, on, the, to, ...
Steve
It's very difficult just to speak when it's not your first language. But the pronounciation it's, for me, the most difficult. In french, the pronounciation is pretty different. And one of my big problem, I'm really too shy to speak in english. Maybe, I'm just afraid.
For helping me to understand english, I watch movies and listen to the radio in english. If I want to pratice my pronouciation, I listen carefully how people say the words and after I repete, just to be sure that I understand how to say it.
Marie-Elaine
The most things i found it difficult it's how to explain some history, i don't really know my verbs times and it's hard to find some words...!!! Also, it's not easy to have the good prononciation and it's so bad when I don't find the good words. I think everybody's feel the same, so! I wish i'm gonna be better at the end of the program....
Marie-Noelle
Hi!
For me, what is the most difficult to speak english it's the pronounciation and to thing bilingual. I also have diffuculty to understand what the people are saying when the talk fast.
For me, the best thing that can help me is to wath T.V.
Laurence L.-F.
Hey, Hey, Hey !!
What is hard for me !? It's too say what i want to says but i'm not so bad !! :P It's hard too to not speak in english. I know thaht everyone can speak in french so ... anyway i will do my best too learn english !
Doom
Hi,
My big problems are how to pronunce and how to understand english. The solutions are to watch tv and to listen to radio.
Others solutions are to talk with my homestay,s family, my classmates, and all the time. That will be make me to be fluent.
I am dying to be fluent from july 21st on.
Joseph
The features in Vancouver is so beautifull. I loves to go to the beach. I will really appreciate if our best teacher we never had; Mr Pablo, give his courses outside when its sunny. Thank you Pablo for doing your possible about this desire !!!!
And I would like to improve how to think in english earlier than now. I think that it will help me a lot.
Valerie
Post a Comment